- Great source of vitamin C and B6 as well as potassium, folic acid, and more!
- Helps aid in weight loss because of its benefits as a digestive aid, and it helps cleanse the liver. They work to slow down the rate of starch digestion, helping to keep blood sugar balanced. This prevents spikes in insulin and reduces fat storage!
- Helps body fight infections and promote immunity.
- Help to increase your metabolic rate, thus allowing you to burn more calories and store less fat.
- Starting your day with some lemon water helps to ignite metabolism and give your body a kick start for the day. Add lemon to your tea, water, salad dressing or squeeze some on top of your favorite meal!
- Cayenne gets its heat from the high concentration of capsaicin. Capsaicin is recognized as an effective pain reliever, as a digestive and anti-ulcer aid and also produces cardiovascular benefits.
- Adding cayenne pepper, even in small amounts can help reduce symptoms of indigestion. This spice can help reduce blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and well as decrease the formation of blood clots. Cayenne pepper is known as increasing the body's ability to burn fat, and who doesn't want to burn more fat?
- Cayenne pepper can stimulate your metabolism up to 20%, and is a great spice for weight loss! How it works Cayenne pepper stimulates metabolism by heating up your body, thus burning more calories.
- Lowers cholesterol (1/2 teaspoon today can lower LDL cholesterol
- Great source of fiber, iron, and calcium
- Smelling it boosts cognitive memory
- Improves digestion
- Complete protein
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Increases energy levels & metabolic rate
- Lowers blood pressure, improves organ function and immunity levels, helps reduce inflammation & symptoms of arthritis
Flaxseed: Flax is a seed from a plant, that's been used for thousands of years. The common form of flax is in seeds, oil, flax meal. Ground flaxseed can be eaten with yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, smoothies, and salads.
- High in levels of Omega-3 fatty acids and high in fiber [Fiber: It is known for healthy bowel movement and aids digestion, flaxseed contains both soluble and insoluble fiber.}
- Like all other nuts and seeds, flaxseed is also rich in healthy and dietary fats, with 3g in 1tsp. So it helps in curbing your appetite by keeping you full throughout the day. It helps to build the muscle mass, which burns more calories that fat. The high fiber content aids healthy digestion and thus supplements weight loss.
Turmeric: Major health benefits of Turmeric start with it:Studies have also shown, it helps protect your body from free radicals that attack your body and can lead to cancer or DNA damage. The more turmeric in your diet the less destruction to your body, on a cellular level.
- Strong anti-inflammatory spice. Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian systems of medicine for centuries.
- Has curcumin, which is what gives the turmeric its yellow pigment. Curcumin has been shown to be as potent as other anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and hydrocortisone, without all the nasty side effects.
Almonds/Olive Oil (healthy fats):
- Almonds: Are the most beneficial and healthy nuts known today.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E, vitamin D, calcium and magnesium. And it is not just in their solid form; almond oil has many uses in our daily life.
- Eating almonds actually tends to lower body mass index. Even more significantly, dieters reliably lose more weight at a faster rate when they get 500 calories of their recommended daily intake solely from almonds.
- Lower your cholesterol levels: The monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in almonds have been proven to help reduce levels of LDL (i.e. bad cholesterol). Research shows that just one serving of almonds each day can lower cholesterol levels by around 10%.
- Almonds are an excellent source of protein, and they also contain vitamin B2. Both of these nutrients promote energy, so when you are tired you may find that eating almonds will help you to feel more focused and energetic.
- Olive oil is a good fat to include in your diet! Olive oil is high in nutrition and omega-9 (oleic acid) a monosaturated fat, which lowers your total LDL cholesterol.