1. Bad skin: The quality of your skin is a sure-fire way to get a reading on your overall level of health. Of course, some people struggle with skin issues like acne and are otherwise perfectly fine - but skin quality can clue you in to some bigger problems. A poor diet can really impact your skin quality, and if you're noticing blemishes like stretch marks? That should tell you that something is wrong.
2. Sleep issues: Can't seem to fall asleep at night? That can be an indication that some aspects of your life need adjusting. Whether it be that you're eating the wrong foods, ingesting too much caffeine late in the day, or not expelling enough energy during the day, not being able to sleep presents an issue - which cascades into further issues.
3. Lip balm reliance: If your lips are constantly chapped, and you find that you can't live without lip balm, that's your body's way of telling you that something's wrong. Specifically, your lip condition is an indicator of your vitamin levels. If your lips are chapped, you may be vitamin strapped - so diversify your diet, and get the nutrients you need.
4. Bad finger and toe nails: If the condition of your lips wasn't a solid enough indicator, your finger and toe nails can also give you a heads-up if you're unhealthy. You're going to want to be on the lookout for ridges, discoloration, and bumps - all of which should be red flags. Your nails can tell you a lot about your overall state of health, so if something is strange, don't ignore it.
5. A cloudy mind: It's becoming quite clear that our cognitive ability and brain health are closely tied to our physical condition. That means that obesity and elevated levels of body fat can have a significant impact on our ability to think and reason. It's kind of scary, but also a very promising area of research. So, if you can't formulate a potent thought, it may be a sign that it's time to drop some weight.